10 Reasons To Vacation At The Broadmoor
By Nancy Schretter, Editor
Looking for the perfect spot for your upscale family vacation? Put The Broadmoor at the top of your list. Nestled in a magnificent Rocky Mountain setting, this world-class Colorado resort consistently delights families and multigenerational groups with lavish accommodations, outstanding service, and exciting activities for every age group and interest.
One of the key factors in planning a successful family or multigenerational vacation is finding a resort that will make every family member happy. The Broadmoor is the ultimate luxury destination resort where families can escape life’s stresses and make magical memories together. Here are ten great reasons to choose The Broadmoor for your next family getaway:
1. Fabulous Five-Star Destination. When you’re looking for “the best of the best” for your next family vacation, The Broadmoor is the place to be. Founded in 1918, The Broadmoor has earned a record number of awards with ratings that are unmatched in the industry. The Broadmoor has received a Forbes Five-Star rating for fifty-seven consecutive years and is one of only a handful of resorts in the world to receive three simultaneous Forbes Five-Star ratings - one for the resort, another for the property’s renowned Penrose Room restaurant, and the third for The Spa at the Broadmoor. The Broadmoor is also the only hotel to win AAA’s Five Diamond rating for 41 years in a row.
2. Spectacular Surroundings. Located at the edge of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Broadmoor and its Wilderness Experience properties sprawl across 5,000 glorious acres. The majesty of the resort’s mountain surroundings and its historic old-world charm provide a splendid backdrop for upscale family gatherings. Guests at The Broadmoor will find themselves surrounded by beauty, both inside their lodgings and outdoors. The resort is home to one of the world’s most outstanding Western art collections, with striking pieces showcased throughout the property. The Broadmoor’s attractive buildings are set around serene Cheyenne Lake providing picturesque water views. The property’s landscaping and scenic mountain vistas are magnificent as well.
3. Legendary Service and Superb Staff. For almost 100 years, The Broadmoor has been catering to its guests with outstanding service supplied by a legion of amazing staff members. The Broadmoor’s employees are very friendly and their smiles are genuine. Guests feel pampered, important and truly welcomed. When I got lost, one staff member noticed I was having trouble finding my way, dropped everything he was doing and walked me to my destination several buildings away. When we met three days later, he smiled and greeted me by name. That kind of attentive service is quite rare these days.
4. Luxurious Accommodations. There’s a perfect home-away-from-home for every family at The Broadmoor. Guests can choose from 784 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and cottages at the resort. The Broadmoor’s spacious rooms and suites feature plush seating areas, huge five-fixture baths and lots of closet space. The Broadmoor Cottages, Brownstones and the resort’s 5-bedroom Estate House are perfect for families and multigenenerational groups seeking plenty of room to spread out.
5. World-Class Sports and Recreation. One of the best reasons to vacation at The Broadmoor is its outstanding array of superb recreation facilities. Avid sports enthusiasts will be in heaven here. The Broadmoor Golf Club is ranked as one of the best in the world, hosting many national tournaments at its three championship golf courses. For two decades, The Broadmoor has also been ranked as one of the Top 20 U.S. tennis resorts by Tennis Magazine. Families can also enjoy guided mountain biking, an excellent falconry program, hiking, fly-fishing, rock-climbing tours and much more.
6. Awesome Adventures. Sometimes great family vacations are even better with a little adrenaline rush. You’ll find that and much more at The Broadmoor. The Broadmoor Soaring Adventure takes guests flying across “The Grandest Mile of Scenery in Colorado” on two separate courses. Exhilarating elements include zip lines, rope bridges, hiking and a controlled 180-foot rappel with spectacular views of Seven Falls. Families who’d prefer a land-based visit to The Broadmoor Seven Falls can see this stunning series of waterfalls on foot and climb up 224 steps to the top of the Falls stairway for magnificent views. Guests can also enjoy taking a journey to the summit of Pikes Peak on The Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog Railway, hand-feeding giraffes at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and driving one of The Broadmoor’s loaner Cadillacs to the Garden of the Gods - a nearby National Natural Landmark with dramatic 300-foot rock formations.
7. Delectable Dining. Dining at The Broadmoor is a memorable experience. The resort features 20 restaurants, cafés and lounges ranging from the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond Penrose Room to the laid-back Pool Café. Don’t miss having an exceptional Italian dinner at Ristorante Del Lago, sampling healthy dining options at Natural Epicurean, and enjoying contemporary regional American cuisine accompanied by perfect wine pairings at Summit. The Broadmoor’s dazzling Sunday Brunch at the Lake Terrace Dining Room is a treat, with over 150 selections from which to choose. Situated at the base of breathtaking Seven Falls, Restaurant 1858 is another unforgettable dining venue.
8. Sumptuous Spa. The Spa at The Broadmoor is a 43,000 square-foot oasis of well-being, offering guests a wide variety of restorative treatments to enhance their overall wellness. Guests can start their spa experience by relaxing in The Spa’s Mountain View Room and enjoying light refreshments while taking in the eye-catching mountain vistas. The Spa thoughtfully includes an Oxygen Room to help guests restore their oxygen levels and adapt to the resort’s setting at 6,230 feet above sea level. The Broadmoor Fitness Center is well equipped and features an array of daily classes as well. Services for guests under 16 years of age are available at The Spa’s salon.
9. Amazing Wilderness Camps. The Broadmoor’s three all-inclusive Wilderness Properties include The Ranch at Emerald Valley, The Broadmoor Fly Fishing Camp and stunning Cloud Camp, set at “9,000 feet above stress level.” With space for just 32 guests and breathtaking views around every corner, Cloud Camp is an incomparable spot for making family memories. Here families can enjoy guided nature walks, hiking, cooking classes, yoga classes, superb cuisine, and evenings spent roasting s’mores around the camp fire and relaxing in a hot tub under the stars.
10. Wonderfully Welcoming For Kids and Pets. The Broadmoor is incredibly kid-friendly and pet-friendly for a world-renowned Five-Star resort. Families with kids of all ages are truly welcomed and catered to here with plenty of activities and amenities to please children, parents and grandparents. The Broadmoor features an 11,000-square-foot infinity swimming pool at the north end of Cheyenne Lake complete with waterslides and a children’s pool, plus a large indoor pool located at the spa. Exploring Cheyenne Lake by paddle boat, electric boat or canoe is also fun for families. The Broadmoor’s Bee Bunch Children’s Program for children ages 3-12 is available on a seasonal basis at the resort and in-room babysitting services are also offered. The Broadmoor understands that pets are an important part of the family, too. Four-legged family members will be enrolled in The Broadmoor’s Pitty Pat Pet Club, providing Broadmoor pet bedding and food bowls to use while staying at the resort, plus a complimentary pet treat as well. There is a small fee charged for each “best friend in-residence” and a maximum of two pets of any size are allowed per room.
If You Go:
Located in scenic Colorado Springs, The Broadmoor is easily accessible from major U.S. cities via non-stop flights on airlines including Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier and United. Direct transportation is available from both the Denver and Colorado Springs airports. For more information about planning a memorable family vacation at The Broadmoor, visit the resort’s website at The Broadmoor.
©Copyright 2017. Beacon Group Holdings,
Inc. All Rights Reserved.