7 Reasons To Plan A Disney Multigenerational Vacation
By Nancy Schretter, Editor
Multigenerational family vacations are all about having fun together and creating vivid memories that last a lifetime. Choosing the right destination for your multigenerational vacation experience is important. Walt Disney World is an excellent choice for families with kids of all ages, so plan to enjoy your next multigenerational family vacation in this wonderful place where all generations can bond and play together.
Here are seven top reasons to plan a multigenerational family vacation at Walt Disney World:
1. Make Dreams Come True. Many parents and grandparents look forward to making their children’s dreams come true by taking them to Walt Disney World. For all generations, Disney has been a dream vacation destination filled with magic and wonder. There’s nothing like experiencing Disney again through the eyes of the special children in your lives and seeing their awe at the sight of Mickey Mouse. Planning a multigenerational Walt Disney World vacation together provides the perfect opportunity to sprinkle a little pixie dust and make childhood wishes come true. Use My Disney Experience and plan your Disney experiences in advance to bring your vacation dreams to life.
2. Create Lifelong Memories. Meals with favorite Disney characters, hugs from Ariel and Belle, meeting Anna and Elsa in person, practicing saber skills at Jedi Training, riding Space Mountain, competing with family members at Toy Story Midway Mania, taking a sunset safari with Kilimanjaro Safaris, and enjoying spectacular fireworks together are all special treats. Walt Disney World vacations are filled with so many opportunities to make lasting family memories. It’s easy to create a memorable multigenerational vacation, too. Talk with every member of the family to find out about their favorite Disney characters, sought after rides and adventures, most awaited experiences, expectations and interests. Then plan your trip together and create the Walt Disney World vacation of your dreams using the Walt Disney World website and My Disney Experience personalized vacation portal. There you can make FastPass+ selections, arrange group dining reservations and much more. To make things even more perfect, Disney’s PhotoPass photographers will be waiting throughout Walt Disney World to take pictures and capture all your Disney vacation memories. You can see all of your pictures on your My Disney Experience vacation portal and access them with individual photo downloads or Disney’s comprehensive Memory Maker package. Memory Maker makes capturing all your Disney vacation memories easy. Prints and photo gift products are readily available to order as well.
3. Fun Activities Everyone Can Enjoy Together. The best multigenerational vacations include activities, adventures and experiences that all generations can enjoy together. Walt Disney World serves up so many options at the resorts and throughout the theme parks. In addition to awesome rides and Disney character meetings, there are also special Disney treats like opportunities to go boating and fishing together, enjoying a Polynesian luau as a group, having a big multigenerational family dinner at a great Walt Disney World restaurant, taking in special events like the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, and just relaxing with the family at your resort’s pool. These can easily be planned using the My Disney Experience site, which allows multigenerational groups to link all members and make vacation arrangements together. When planning your multigenerational Disney vacation, make sure to build in time for fun in smaller groups. Perhaps Grandma and Grandpa can take the grandkids to the Magic Kingdom while Mom and Dad enjoy time at Epcot or Hollywood Studios – or simply some alone time together. Grandparents crave plenty of one-on-one time with their grandchildren, while adults enjoy their “adults only” time as well. Additionally, golfers of all ages can head to one of Walt Disney World’s four championship courses while other family members can go shopping or cool off at a Disney waterpark.
4. Awesome Experiences For Every Age. The key to a successful multigenerational vacation is selecting a destination that will appeal to kids of all ages. Walt Disney World has attractions for every age group, from toddlers to teens and young adults. This is another reasons why splitting up occasionally can be key. While grandparents take the kids to ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin at the Magic Kingdom, parents can take the teenagers to Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Walt Disney World also has plenty of activities and special events that grandparents may enjoy on their own. After all, it’s important to schedule some “me” time for everyone as well.
5. Family-Friendly Accommodations And Services. Multigenerational groups are typically seeking plenty of family room for their family vacations. Walt Disney World offers a wide variety of accommodations to suit the needs of multigenerational families, from connecting rooms and suites to spacious multi-bedroom townhouses and villas. Some provide full kitchens and laundry facilities. Families seeking upscale multi-bedroom accommodations often choose Disney’s Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, or even the beautiful over-water bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Walt Disney World also understands the needs of families, from little ones who need strollers to those who require a wheelchair or electric scooter. All are available for rent at Disney theme parks, although those rentals must remain in the parks. Disney also has approved companies who can drop off rentals at Walt Disney Resorts for guests to use throughout their stay.
6. Vacation Options For All Budget Levels. Vacation budgets come in all shapes and sizes. It’s important to choose a vacation destination that offers options to fit a wide variety of budgets, particularly in the case of multigenerational family reunions. Walt Disney World has a wide range of accommodations and vacation packages to fit a range of budget levels. This provides multigenerational families with the option of staying at a Walt Disney World resort and getting all of the included extra features and perks – all at a price everyone can afford. Staying at one of Walt Disney World’s onsite resorts provides access to extra hours in the parks, free transportation throughout Walt Disney World, earlier access to booking FastPasses, special meal plan options, free Disney transportation to and from the Orlando airport, and much more.
7. No One Will Get Bored. Choosing a multigenerational vacation or reunion destination can be stressful, since family planners are trying to please so many different interests and age groups. There’s often a bit of concern about kids and teens getting bored after a few days. That’s certainly not a worry at Walt Disney World. There’s always something fun to do at Walt Disney World with its four huge theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, Disney’s BoardWalk and much more. In addition, Walt Disney World continually adds innovative events, features and attractions each year. No matter how many times you’ve visited, there are always new things to see and do. Make sure to save time for your old favorites, though, and remember – you can’t do it all in one visit. That simply provides one more reason for your family to return again soon.
©Copyright 2021. Beacon Group Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.