Beaches Delivers Great Family Vacations
By Nancy Schretter, Editor
Parents and multigenerational travelers planning family vacations know that choosing the right destination is key to any great family vacation. Family travel agents and tour companies continually stress the importance of making a good match. The destination and resort must meet the family’s vacation needs and offer activities and amenities for all age groups.
The Turks & Caicos Islands fit the bill perfectly. The Turks & Caicos chain is comprised of forty sun-drenched islands and cays located just southeast of the Bahamas. These islands are known for their beautiful white sand beaches, crystal clear turquoise water, exceptional water sports and upscale resorts. The good news for parents is that Turks & Caicos vacations can be both easy and incredibly family friendly.
The peaceful island of Providenciales (also known as ‘Provo’) is home to a widest range of vacation properties in Turks & Caicos. For those families seeking luxurious all-inclusive accommodations with plenty of room to spread out, Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa is the place to be. Beaches Turks & Caicos is a great choice for families with kids of all ages. There’s something for everyone here. The resort’s newest area, the lushly landscaped Key West Luxury Village, adds to the resort’s family appeal.
Here are twelve things families and multigenerational travelers will love about Beaches Turks & Caicos:
1. Easy Access. There are many direct flights from the U.S. and Canada to Providenciales, making getting to Beaches Turks & Caicos a breeze for families. American Airlines has two non-stop 90-minute flights each day from Miami to Providenciales. There are also direct flights from Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, Boston, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa as well.
2. World-Class Beach. Beaches Turks & Caicos is set on Grace Bay Beach, a 12-mile long stretch of sugar white sand named the “Number One Beach Destination in the World” by TripAdvisor. Grace Bay’s beaches have a gradual entry slope and its lapping azure waters are generally very calm, making it an excellent choice for families vacationing with younger children.
3. All-Inclusive Luxury. Everything is easy about all-inclusive family vacations. They're easy to plan, and there are no worries about where to eat or how much those smoothie drinks cost. Almost everything is included. Beaches Turks & Caicos is the ultimate family all-inclusive resort. In fact, it’s been named “The Caribbean’s Leading Family All-Inclusive” for the third consecutive year at the World Travel Awards. This top rated property accounts for a full 50% of the air passengers into Providenciales and it has a high repeat guest rate as well.
4. Plenty of Family Room. Families can select from a wide variety of accommodations options at Beaches Turks & Caicos. The 75-acre property is comprised of four distinctive areas: the colorful seaside Caribbean Village, the posh style of the French Village, the grandeur of the Italian Village, and the new laid-back Key West Village. Large families and multigenerational groups will find plenty of room to spread out in Key West Village's villa accommodations, with some units offering three or four bedrooms.
5. Outstanding Service. Beaches Resorts are known for their superb staff. Beaches Turks & Caicos carries its strong guest service orientation straight through to its accommodations, providing Suite Concierge Service and personal butler service in selected suites and villas. All personal butlers are trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers, delivering special vacation attention. But it’s not just concierges and butlers who make a difference at Beaches Turks & Caicos. Every staff member makes families and guests feel warmly welcomed. The Beaches staff truly makes the resort feel like a home away from home.
6. Water, Water Everywhere. Beaches Turks & Caicos is the ultimate Caribbean playground for families. The resort features ten pools, including the massive Italian Village pool and even an adults-only infinity pool. While Grace Bay Beach is gorgeous, the resort’s pools are just as remarkable. Beaches guests have plenty of watersports options including Stand Up Paddleboarding, Hobie Cat sailing, catamaran excursions, windsurfing, snorkeling, and lots more. The reefs around Provo are extensive and the water is incredibly clear, making it an excellent destination for snorkeling and diving. Unlimited all-inclusive scuba diving is available at Beaches for certified divers. There are also scuba courses offered for children and non-certified guests for a small fee.
7. All-Inclusive Family Friendly Restaurants. At Beaches Turks & Caicos, families can choose from 19 different specialty dining options. All of these are included as part of any Beaches vacation. Only one of these restaurants, Kimonos, requires reservations due to limited seating availability at its popular Japanese Teppanyaki tables. Cuisine choices at Beaches Turks & Caicos are varied. Guests can choose from French, Italian, Japanese, Tex Mex, Mediterranean, Seafood, Continental and more. There’s even a 50’s style diner called Bobby D’s at the resort. Some restaurant settings offer al fresco dining, like Neptune’s and Schooner’s. Others, such as Giuseppe’s, tempt guests with extensive sumptuous buffets. Special dietary needs can be met at Beaches restaurants as well.
8. Sesame Street for Little Ones. Beaches Resorts has an exclusive partnership with Sesame Street, much to the delight of vacationing kids and their parents. Younger children will love seeing and interacting with all their favorite Sesame Street characters at the resort and playing at Camp Sesame. There are two Camp Sesame locations at the Beaches Turks & Caicos, with child care and programs for children from 0-11 months, 12-24 months, and 3-4 years of age. Sesame Street-themed parades and character breakfasts are held as well.
9. Great Kids & Teens Programs and Activities. School-age and Older kids will find their bliss at the resort’s Pirate’s Island. This area is home to a massive pirate ship, huge waterslides, a lazy river, and so much more. Pirate’s Island has kids & teen programs for children ages 5-7, 8-10 years of age, 11-14, and teens ages 15-17 years of age. The resort’s Shadow Lounge is a cool games area where tweens and teens can chill out together and play games free of charge in the X-BOX Play Lounge. Beaches also has a partnership with New York City-based Scratch DJ Academy, providing the resort the opportunity to offer ‘DJ 101’.
10. Lots of Fun for Adults. When the kids are happy, parents are happy – but it’s important for parents to have a great vacation, too. With such great kids and teens programs, parents can relax and enjoy some guilt-free time together. Sports lovers can play tennis, croquet, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and more. In addition, there’s an excellent 18-hole championship golf course located on Provo as well. To enjoy a little pampering or soothe sore muscles, parents head straight for the resort’s superb Red Lane Spa. In addition, the retail shopping at Beaches and on Provo will meet vacationers’ retail therapy needs perfectly.
11. Awesome Island Adventures. A variety of exciting experiences are available through the resort’s Island Routes tour desk. Head out on a Kitty Kat Cruise aboard Beaches’ 65-foot catamaran to go snorkeling, visit deserted beaches to hunt for sand dollars, see endangered rock iguanas, and have fun slipping into the water on the catamaran's built-in slide. Romantic sunset cruises are offered, and there are teens and tweens catamaran cruises and Sesame Street sailings for little ones as well. Families and those who can't get enough of all things conch can visit the Caicos Conch Farm to learn more about those sea creatures. Island Routes offers fishing trips, shopping tours, kayaking adventures and even a submarine excursion to see a mermaid. There’s definitely something for everyone here.
12. Opportunities to Give Back. Families who'd like to help out on vacation can do so on a Beaches Reading Road Trip. This program is offered in conjunction with the non-profit Sandals Foundation. Each Thursday, the resort’s Reading Road Trip goes into the community to read and help out at one of the Sandals Foundation’s participating adopted schools. Children ages 8 and older can participate. Volunteers are encouraged to bring along a new or gently used book to donate to the school’s library. Donations of school supplies are also welcomed through Beaches’ partnership with Pack For A Purpose.
The next time a tropical island vacation is on your family’s list of getaways, head to Beaches Turks & Caicos. It’s the perfect oasis for families to enjoy a little piece of paradise, reconnect and play together. After staying at Beaches, you'll want to return to Turks & Caicos again and again. To experience a Beaches Turks & Caicos vacation through pictures, check out this Pinterest board.
If You Go:
©Copyright 2014. Beacon Group Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.