Find The Key To Family Fun At Hawks Cay
By Nancy Schretter, Editor
Parents and multigenerational vacationers know that choosing the right resort is the key to a great family vacation. The perfect spot will be set in a memorable destination and offer activities and amenities for all age groups. Located in the fabulous Florida Keys, Hawks Cay Resort fits the bill perfectly.
Hawks Cay understands families and has been catering to family vacationers for years. Here are seven reasons why Hawks Cay Resort is a perennial favorite vacation choice for families and multigenerational groups:
1. Location, Location, Location. The Florida Keys are a superb choice for a family vacation or multigenerational reunion. This laid-back destination offers so much for families to see and do. Located just a short two hour drive from Miami, the Middle Keys are far enough down the island chain to capture the true feeling of the Florida Keys – but not so far to require too much driving time. Hawks Cay is set on 60 waterfront acres on Duck Key, part of the Middle Keys. It offers all of the unique Florida Keys activities in one location, making it “the only key you'll ever need.”
2. Lots of Family Room. Hawks Cay’s accommodations are perfectly suited for families and multigenerational groups. This AAA Four Diamond Award-winning resort features 420 two- and three-bedroom villas complete with full kitchens and laundry facilities. The villas are spread out throughout the property, making it easy to find a location close to your favorite resort activities and amenities. Multigenerational groups can be situated in multiple villas close to each other, allowing for privacy as well as time spent together. Hawks Cay also offers spacious hotel rooms conveniently located in the center of the resort. These are well-suited for families as well.
3. Awesome Kids Programs and Amenities. Hawks Cay Resort is known for its outstanding kids programs and activities including Camp Hawk for ages 5-12 and a well-equipped game room for teens ages 13-17. Programs take place at Coral Cay, a large adventures and activities facility for kids and teens. This area features a cool Pirate Ship Pool with slides, tunnels and even water shooting cannons. There’s a shallow-entry pool there, too. Babysitting is also available at Hawks Cay Resort, which is perfect for families with younger children or parents who have activities planned outside of Camp Hawk’s hours.
4. Water, Water Everywhere. Kids and families love beaches and pools – and Hawks Cay Resort delivers. Families flock to the property’s massive saltwater lagoon with its gradual entry beach and calm waters. Kids love snorkeling in this area and the lagoon is large enough for kayaking and stand up paddle boarding, too. In addition to the Pirate Ship Pool and the shallow-entry pool by Coral Cay, there are several other pools on property as well. The quiet adults-only pool in the center of the resort is perfect for relaxing when the kids are at Camp Hawk or playing with relatives.
5. Activities for All Ages and Interests. Hawks Cay is a great choice for multigenerational groups and families with kids of all ages. Why? The resort offers activities and amenities for every type of interest. The resort’s full-service marina features diving, SNUBA, snorkeling excursions and a full array of water sports including kayaking, paddle boarding, kiteboarding, jet skiing, and other activities. As the home base for the highly rated NBC Sports “Saltwater Experience” fishing show, Hawks Cay Resort is also a dream destination for anglers as well.
6. Dining Delights. Hawks Cay has a number of memorable dining opportunities available, both onsite and off. Ocean, the resort's main dining room, is popular for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kids love making their own personal waffles here at breakfast. They're delicious! Families also enjoy dining at the Beach Grill, located close to the main resort pool and the saltwater lagoon. The resort's signature restaurant, Alma, is a treat. Make sure to visit for a special meal or a romantic parents' night out. For those seeking something different, head to Keys Fisheries in Marathon and try their famous Lobster Reuben. It's truly unique. Many families and multigenerational groups choose to stay in Hawks Cay's spacious villas with full kitchens. This makes it very easy for families to have casual meals together.
7. Resort-Based Dolphin Program. Interacting with dolphins is a dream experience for many vacationers. Hawks Cay has the only resort-based program where families can mingle and swim with dolphins in their natural environment. It’s also the only facility in the mainland United States where visitors can watch trained dolphins free of charge. Guests at Hawks Cay Resort, including younger children, can take part in Dolphin Connection programs centrally located on the resort’s property. These include Dockside Dolphins, where interactions take place from training docks, and shallow water Dolphin Discovery interactions – all the way up to the in-depth Dolphin Trainer for a Day program. Dolphin Connection’s programs are very popular and advance reservations are strongly recommended. Book your family’s programs as far in advance as possible to ensure getting the date and time of your choice.
For more information on planning a family vacation at Hawks Cay Resort, visit the resort's website at www.hawkscay.com.
©Copyright 2017. Beacon Group Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.