Starwood Hotels & Resort Introduces "Love Your Family" Program
Parents and kids like to be together on family vacations. Starwood Hotels & Resorts' new program will help make new family memories and promote this bond. Beginning this summer, Starwood Hotels & Resort’s will unveil a new family-friendly program with signature services and curated experiences designed for kids and grownups alike. The “Love Your Family” program will launch in 29 resort locations flying the Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis and The Luxury Collection brand flags. Debuting first in the U.S. and the Caribbean, the program will expand internationally to Canada, Latin America and Europe by 2009.
Taking traditional children’s programming one step further, Love Your Family was developed using customer research, guest feedback and good old common sense, all of which suggest that when spending vacations together, kids and their parents welcome creative programming that caters to the entire family.
Parents can now book reservations for Love Your Family stays at each of the 29 participating resorts. Guests can access the latest information by dialing 1-888-625-5144 or by visiting the Love Your Family website: www.FamilyFunSpecials.com.
The core elements of Love Your Family include three signature experiences—Fireside Storytelling, Stargazing, and Dive-In Movies – as well as other features that will be indigenous to each respective property. Additionally, Love Your Family includes services designed to appeal especially to parents, including connecting rooms, food and beverage discounts, and other unique packages and offers, all coordinated by the resort’s newly appointed “Director of Fun.”
The key aspects of the Love Your Family program are as follows:
DIRECTOR OF FUN
Each participating Love Your Family resort will feature a Director of Fun, a family ambassador of entertainment, who will make sure than all elements of a family hotel stay are in place to make the vacation a memorable one. In addition, the Director of Fun will oversee a “fun staff” responsible for coordinating activities and experiences throughout guests’ stay.
While each resort will provide a unique family travel experience indigenous to its location, signature evening experiences will be found at each participating Love Your Family resort. These will include Fireside Storytelling, Stargazing and Dive-In Movies.
Fireside storytelling allows families to gather around a campfire, roast marshmallows and make S’mores while enjoying stories told by professional and locally relevant storytellers.
Stargazing invites families to join together, use telescopes and observe the night sky constellations and learn about the stars and the galaxy.
Dive-In Movies lets families go for a swim while simultaneously enjoying favorite family films on the pool’s big screen, paired with theme nights and coordinated activities.
PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT
While Love Your Family focuses on a true family vacation, Starwood also recognizes that parents need some “alone time” every now and then. To deliver on this experience, a core component of the program offers parents a guilt-free night off while their children enjoy their own big night out, dining with other kids and enjoying fun and festive counselor-led activities.
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES AND SERVICES
When families book trips as part of the Love Your Family package, they are guaranteed a host of family-friendly amenities including connecting rooms, child safety accessories, and a minimum of at least one family television station.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Knowing that nothing bugs parents more than paying full-price for their child’s meal only to have it go half-eaten, Love Your Family lets children five and under eat for free, while children six to 12 receive 50 percent off the regular menu with child portions.
Trips and packages through the Love Your Family program are available by visiting www.FamilyFunSpecials.com.
Following is a complete list of participating Love Your Family properties:
- Sheraton Hotels and Resorts
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation (Myrtle Beach, SC)
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort (Nassau, Bahamas)
- Sheraton Desert Oasis (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Sheraton Kauai Resort (Koloa, Kauai, HI)
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa (Kailua-Kona, HI)
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani (Honolulu, HI)
- Sheraton Maui Resort (Maui, HI)
- Sheraton Vistana Resort/Sheraton Vistana Villages (Orlando, FL)
- Sheraton Waikiki (Honolulu, HI)
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa (Phoenix, AZ)
- The Royal Hawaiian (Honolulu, HI)
- Westin Hotels and Resorts
- The Westin Aruba Resort (Palm Beach, Aruba)
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa (Hollywood, FL)
- The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas (Maui, HI)
- The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa (Scottsdale, AZ)
- The Westin Kierland Villas (Scottsdale, AZ)
- The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa (Tucson, AZ)
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa (Maui, HI)
- The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa (Rancho Mirage, CA)
- The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas (Rancho Mirage, CA)
- The Westin Mona Surfrider (Honolulu, HI)
- The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort (Savannah, GA)
- The Westin St. John Resort (St. John, USVI)
- The Westin St. John Villas (St. John, USVI)
- Luxury Collection
- The Phoenician (Scottsdale, AZ)
- The Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa (Phoenix, AZ)
- St. Regis
- St. Regis Resort Monarch Beach (Dana Point, CA)
- Coming Soon
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas (Kauai, HI) – Summer 2008
- The Westin Resort & Spa (Cancun, Mexico) – Summer 2008
- The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa (Whistler, Canada) – Winter 2008